APS Inclement Weather/Unanticipated Situation Planning
- Please see the chart below that outlines the start times of our schools in the event school is delayed
- Likewise, you should plan on the school bus arriving approximately two hours later than they normally would. If there is snow on the ground, it could be a few minutes later than that.
- Remember that if there is a delay, there is no morning preschool, Satellite or Galaxy programming
- If there is a delay or cancellation, the following steps will be taken:
- A One Call phone call will go out to all families and staff
- A One Call email will go out to all families and staff
- The delay or cancellation will be posted on our Facebook page
- The delay or cancellation will also be posted on the following news stations, both via the site shared below and in the running banner at the bottom of the screen:
- If school will open normally, like it did this past Monday, no announcement will be made.
- If inclement weather arrives unexpectedly during the school day, please watch your phone and email for alerts from the school. In this scenario, there would be no after school programs at any of the schools including Satellite and Galaxy. An early dismissal is ALWAYS tricky and highly unusual, but the more we are able to quickly communicate with families, the better the dismissal will go for everyone.
- If any of these situations occur, the best thing is to already have a plan in place for your child.
|1-hr delay start time
|2-hr delay start time
|Auburn High School
|Auburn Middle School
|Swanson Road Intermediate
|Full Day Preschool ONLY