Dear Parent(s) / Guardians,
As partners in your child’s education, the SWIS staff continues the mission and vision of our school, sharing the same core values that drive all decisions to ensure each child is successful.
- Student-Centered Decision Making
- High Expectations for All
- All Environments are Safe and Respectful
- Responding to Needs Based on Data
- Equitable Opportunities for All
- Dedicated to Continuous Improvement
December brings with it the wonder of the holiday season. This month will be filled with excitement as we prepare for of upcoming concerts, in class performances, celebrations and vacation. Please check email, our website, the Auburn Facebook page, as well as your child’s backpack to stay up to date and stay current of all the great learning occurring at SWIS.
During this season, we are reminded of the “Art of Giving.” As a school community, we continuously find many ways in which to give. Spending time helping a peer in need, or extending the gift of friendship, is equally as valuable as the generosity displayed in our school-wide initiatives.
The spirit of giving began well before this holiday season and will surely be extended beyond. Thank you to our entire school community for the overwhelming support realized in the success of all of the SWIS fall Community Service Learning Projects:
- Trick or Treat Veterans’ Candy Drive: Over 150 pounds of candy were shared with Veterans in Auburn and Worcester.
- Halloween Costume Drive
- Auburn Animal Shelter: Donations collected and delivered to this non-profit as an initiative set forth by the Girls On The Run after school program
- Food Drive: Boxes full of food were delivered to AYFS to help feed families in our community.
- Pride and Purpose results: $3,500 raised to support students in South Africa.
Over the next few weeks, we will be hosting a number of fun, engaging, meaningful, and inspiring events. Please be sure to stay abreast. View some of these student learning action shots on the Auburn Public Schools Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/auburnps. Catch the weekly “Spotlight on SWIS.” In addition, be on the lookout for One Call emails with more information throughout the month including pictures, videos, and up-to-date news.
Upcoming: Report Cards issued 12/6, Holiday Concerts, Ornament Painting 12/7, Mid-year Benchmark Assessments, Grade three: The Pillow Case Project, an initiative from the Red Cross of Central Massachusetts.
In closing, thank you again for your ongoing support in maintaining home and school connections.
Wishing you a peaceful and joyful holiday season,