Guidance Staff 2022-2023
Teams: Lemurs & Dragons
Teams: Polar Bears & Phoenix
Teams: Sharks & Stingrays
BRYT Academic Support
BRYT Clinical Support
Guidance Services and Assisting Students
- Counsel students regarding educational issues such as course selection and prepare them for educational experiences.
- Counsel students regarding personal issues such and social and behavioral problems.
- Provide special services such as bullying and organizational and transitional preparation.
- Counsel students to understand themselves by discussing their educational growth as a student and an individual.
- Consult with teachers and parents about supporting their student’s growth as a student and an individual.
- Utilize quest class as a time to develop skills such as
- Transitioning to 6th grade
- Decision making
- Social/ Emotional growth
- Monitor organization
- Create goals to become more independent and take on responsibility
- Developing grade oriented objectives to prepare for 8th grade
- Connections for the future (after graduation)
- Develop skills for transitioning to High School/ Vocational School
- Assist with thinking about career paths and goals
SPARK is a Social Emotional Learning class that is part of the AMS guidance curriculum. Class topics include:
- Self-awareness: The ability to accurately recognize one’s emotions and thoughts and their influence on behavior. This includes building personal strengths by evaluating how ones values and attitudes impact motivation and relationships.
- Self-management: The ability to regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors effectively in different situations. This includes managing stress, controlling impulses, motivating oneself, and setting and working toward achieving personal and academic goals.
- Social Awareness: The ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others from diverse backgrounds and cultures and to recognize family, school and community resources and supports.
- Relationship Skills: The ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships. This includes communication, listening actively, resisting social pressure and negotiating conflict.
- It teaches students to be well-rounded socially, emotionally and intellectually, while preparing kids for life.